Pages

Monday 17 June 2019

5 Enjoyable and Unforgettable days of Filipino Week!

5 Enjoyable and Unforgettable days of Filipino Week!


Kamusta! Last week was the Filipino Week because on June 12 was the day of Independence Day, where we Filipinos were set free from Spanish people that once wanna take over the Philippines during the olden days. By celebrating Independence Day we have a Filipino week, now I'm going to tell you what we did on those 5 enjoyable and unforgettable days.

Day 1

On day 1 which is Monday, during morning tea we taught people some basic greeting in Tagalog like Magandang Umaga (Good Morning), Kamusta/Kumusta (Hi How are you).  If they say one greeting they will receive a cool prize. A lot of people tried and received lots of awesome prizes.

Day 2

On day 2 which is Tuesday, We played some Filipino games like Tumbang Presso, Partentero Kadang Kadang etc. We played games both during Morning Tea and Lunch. There is also a prize up for grabs for the people that won the game, which is really fun. 


Day 3

On day 3 which is Wednesday, It was actually the date of Independence Day which is June 12.
During Morning Tea and lunch we performed some great folk dances like Subli, Cariniossa etc held in Auditorium.
And we have to wear our kimona (Filipino dress) for the whole day. 


<--- Here are some pictures 
|
v



Day 4

On day 4 which is Thursday, we have a little lovely concert held in Auditorium as well.
There was a lot of great singing voice like a harmonized of angels. They were a lot of Filipino songs performed and a couple some English ones.







Day 5

Finally, on day 5, that's when we have our Salu-Salo evening held in Auditorium 6pm - 8pm.
All of the Folkdances and some harmonizing songs were performed again as well in the night. We also had modern dances like K-Pops etc. Here are some pictures throughout the evening.



I really enjoyed all of these 5 days!
Thanks for reading this post and please leave a comment.
Bye have an amazing day!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi elisha-mae I really like your work keep up the good work and thank you for sharing the filipino independence day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elisha Mae, I really liked your blogpost. I like how you explained what Independence day is. I am a bit sad that I couldn't go to some of the activities that you did. While reading your blogpost I have found some mistake, when you said "once wanna take over the Philippines during the olden days". It should be once wanted took over the Philippines during the older days. You should proof read your post before posting but It is a really good blogpost and I also liked how you put pictures with it too. Anyways keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post! Really nice! It's pretty historically accurate! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elisha Mae my name is Gerald, I just want to know that your work is wonderful. I like how you telling what happen in independence day and I like how you showing some photos to us. I think that's all I want you to know. That was a very wonderful work. Goodjob!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Elisha-mae,
    that was an amazing blogpost, I like how much information that you've put in. Thank you for sharing the Filipino week, I adore how straightforward you were; however there were some grammatical issues, just double check your posts before publishing. But all in all that was amazing!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.