Pages

Monday 22 February 2021

Social studies : Slave Trade Triangle

こんにちは! Welcome to another post. For the past few weeks, in Social Science (studies) we have been learning about the history of the Slave Trade Triangle. During the late 16th century to early 19th century, a traumatizing horrible cycle of human trafficking slavery had gone on during those times between these three particular places. We also learned about how music is related to this topic.

You will learn more about it in this Google Maps 
I've made with details of events.


Blogging Task:

1.) Explain the use of Spirituals and what they were
Spirituals are in other words for their songs. They used spiritual kinds of music in a variety of ways such as to give them hope, inspire them, sang in a religious event, and last but not the least, a way to communicate to each other about their plans or the next move.

2.) Explain who Harriet Tubman and what the Underground Railroad was.

3.) Write about a spiritual you choose and highlight some lyrics and the hidden message behind them.
As explained in 1.Spirituals are the kind of religious songs that can be used to communicate with each other. This means it has some sort of hidden messages behind every spiritual.
Let's take this one song as an example - Sweet Chariot

4.) How are these events significant today?
These events are significant because still to this day, unfortunately, there is still some slavery--human trafficking-- going on until to this day around the world but we never know.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Elisha Mae,
    You have put so much good information in this blog post. I really like how you explained what is the spirtual. When I read this i could understand everything little thing, very good writing.
    Keep up your awesome work Elisha Mae.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elisha Mae
    I like how you put a lot of details into your post and laid it out neatly. I also like how you included a pictures to give your reader a better understanding. Perhaps next time what you could do is to adjust the pictures/posters are in large size so it is readable. Overall, you did a great job on your post! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Elisha Mae,
    I like how you laid out your blog post neatly and it is readable for the readers. I also like how you included a couple pictures regarding the topic to make the reader have a better understanding of the context. Perhaps next time, what you could do to improve your post is to proof-read your post and make sure everything makes sense. Other than that, I like the map you made! It's very cool! Keep up the good work =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elisha Mae,your blogpost is really interesting and it is very clear. I like how you explained the definition of different things that we've learned. I also like how you use Japanese language on the start of your blogpost. You did a great job, Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Elisha Mae,
    Your blogpost is really comprehensive thorough. I enjoyed how you used a different language to say hello as it made it quite unique and fun. I also enjoyed how you answered the questions in a well elaborated way. It definitely easier to see which question you answered and how you answered it! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.