Pages

Sunday 31 May 2020

Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffin

Hello~ This week in Home Economics we baked flavored Muffin Chocolate Chip and Banana. I was grouped into 3 people and they are Janel, Lars, and Vann (as always). During the process, our group a bit of trouble because of unclear instructions maybe or just lack of listening to the instructions. But anyway, before I tell you what happened. I'll teach you first how to make your own Muffin.

Here are the ingredients you'll need to get started on baking it:
2 cup of Raising Flour
1/2 t Salt
1/2 c Sugar
1/2 c Chocolate bits
100g Butter, fully melted (liquid)
1 cup of Milk
1 Egg
1 cup of mashed Banana (2-3 Bananas)

Instructions:
1.) First off, mix flour, salt, sugar, and chocolate bits into a large bowl.
2.) In a separate bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for at least 1-2minutes. Make sure It's fully in a liquid form. 
3.) Then after that, beat the egg into a tiny separate bowl
4.) Mix all melted butter and beaten egg as well as the milk into one bowl. 
5.) Now mix all the dry and wet ingredients to that large bowl. Fold carefully. Don't over-mixed it.
6.) Carefully spin the muffin batter into a prepared muffin tray (that has muffin cases on it).
7.) Bake it at 220°C for 12-15 minutes. Make sure to check if it's fully cooked by poking the toothpick into the middle. If it doesn't have any bits come out with it then it is cooked. Cool for 2-3 minutes.
tHeN eNjOy~

Anyways, as I was saying, ours failed at first. We failed at the part where it says to melt the butter. Not naming names but one of the group mates failed to melt the butter properly into a liquid form. So we had to redo that part and everyone except us had a head over before us. The teacher-aid helped us and we just caught up with others just in time. Maybe next time, what we can do is to listen carefully to the teacher instructions and have a common sense that when adding butter in a baking recipe, it has to be melted into liquid form (but not every recipe though).

We also had a challenge, not everyone has the same type of recipe for it. Each group was given a piece of paper where it is written on what type of ingredient/thing we are gonna do with ours. At the end of the session, we had a tasting session and record down our thoughts about that specific muffin. 

Here are my thoughts on the taste of each one of the group's final products. To be honest, I can't really tell the difference on each one of it, the texture, flavouring... but here's my best guess.
I put it into the slide because this post is getting too big. In the end, there are some random pictures we took during the process.


Thank you for reading my post! Have a lovely day!~

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elisha Mae. Well done. Your photos are an excellent record of the rising process. I particularly like your record of the different substitutions and the sensory evaluation of each. Why was it so important for the butter to be completely melted and what effect would it have had if not totally liquid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs Rhodes, Thank you for commenting on my post. It's important to fully melt the butter because it makes the finish product chewy. If you don't melt it fully then it's not gonna be chewy and it'll be like a very soft texture? I'm not really sure.

      Delete
    2. Hi Elisha Mae. The reason for adding melted butter is so it can be added with the other liquids, in this case , the milk. If it is not melted and the milk at room temperature the butter will go lumpy and the ingredients will not combine.

      Delete
    3. Okay, Thanks for letting me know =)

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.