Pages

Wednesday 20 May 2020

Science: Lab Safety - Hurumanu 5

Hi, Today in Science Hurumanu 5. We were talking about Lab Safety.

Safety: To protect yourself from harm and danger.
This is what Meniscus looks like

Hazardous: When an object can be dangerous to you.

Meniscus: The curved side of a liquid when it is in a beaker.

_____________________________
5 Top rules inside the lab:

1. Put your bag under your desk.
2. Do not run in the lab.
3. Do not play with the equipment.
4. Wear your safety glasses when using fire.
5. Do not eat or drink in a lab.

We also learned about Chemical Hazard symbols.
A Guide to Chemical Hazard Symbols – Compound Interest 

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.