Pages

Thursday 28 May 2020

Sustained Silent Reading - Hurumanu 6

Hi, This week we are back at school and we have some new Hurumanu subjects.
I am gonna blog about sustained silent reading.

May 25, 2020
Book title: Baby Father (The Play) by Joanna Kenrick - Genre: Non-Fiction

The book is basically a play. It's about a guy called Mickey who has a girlfriend Emma and they are both 15. One unfortunate day, Emma got pregnant and I don't know the rest, that's so far know from the book. The main topic of this book is basically the life of Mickey going through his life problems on whether he's gonna be a father at an early age or his gonna get away with it. This story mostly took place in a school because they are still in high school. So far, the story is still

May 27, 2020
Hi again, I lost the book that I started reading a couple days ago.. So I replaced it with a new book.

Book Title: Schooled - by Gordon Korman
The book so far as I know, It's about this 13-year-old guy named Capricorn Anderson who is homeschooled and lived in a Garland Farm (community). His parents died long gone, so the person who is taking care of him is his Grandmother - "Rain" (Rachel Esther Rosenblatt). Rain is also his homeschooled teacher who educates him as well. One day Rain somehow climbs the tree of the plum in her old age and fall unto the ground. Now Cap has to bring her grandma to a hospital.

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are learning about other peoples experiences from these stories. That helps you understand and empathise with others. I look forward to hearing how Capricorn manages without hos grandmother,Rain.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.