Pages

Monday 27 July 2020

Art: The Collage Art Of Photomontage

Hello! This semester in Art we began looking at Photomontage. One of the well-known artists who started this kind of photography art is Hannah Höch. A female artist who invented this kind of photography art with some meanings behind it. Mostly about the equal rights for women. But when she started this collage art she was inspired by Pablo Picasso's collage art and started kind of her own one. But anyways, we were provided with some random pictures and it was up to us to use our creativity to create a photomontage. Here are the things I've come up with. I hope you like it.


It's mostly about statue faces with some cropped out facial features in the other pictures and stick it. There's no special meaning behind this photomontage of mine. But If I have to put a meaning behind it it's probably about how history can be affected by today's society. Especially with the statues. I guess you could say it kinda relates to some drag-queens these days. The second picture on the top right, the one who is wearing some yellow boots, it kinda relates to how people can be insecure about their appearance I guess. Hope you like it and have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Elisha, I like the visuals that were put into the picture. What were you thinking while you creating those? Is there any meaning to the art? Which one is your favourite? I think so far I really like your blurb and images you put in the post. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Elisha-Mae
    First of all, I adore your photo montage work. It fascinates me. I like how you are being so creative when it comes to making art.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.