Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2020

Cannabis Referendum 2020

This week in Hurumanu 6 we began looking onto two types of votes topics and they are Cannabis vote and End of life vote. We first looked at Cannabis Referendum. Cannabis is a type of drug that uses primarily for medical or recreational purposes.

The positives and negatives are...

Positive:
-More tax
-Know who's is growing + supplying
-Create more jobs
-Know what you're buying
-No fear of breaking the law
-Age restriction
Negative:
-Drugs use can cause you to do bad things 
-Still can't stop illegal selling
-Cant add tax growing
-Create drug addicts
-Damage mental health

If I had the choice to vote on this, I'd vote No. It's because having drugs legal can absolutely encourage people it's okay to do it. Sure it does have some age restriction on who can use it, but I think, for example, the father bought these and their child gets curious about what it is and tried it. If the prizes are too high for non-illegal selling, it could encourage people to purchase it in an illegal way. It could also of course affect your wellbeing and mental health.

 You can get addicted to it and couldn't stop yourself from using it even though there is a limited amount that an individual person can get it, you never know what's gonna happen. Not everyone follows the rules of the government and can rebel from it. Overall, It's just not a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. kai Ora Elisha Mae brayden here.This is a outstanding blog post good job on adding a photo.I would vote no too because it would encourage others to do it.
    Kind regards
    brayden

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.