Pages

Wednesday 22 July 2020

End of Life Referendum

Today we looked to the remaining topic in Hurumanu 6 which is the referendum about Ending of Life act law. End of life law is basically about having a choice to end their own individual life. However, it might sound like suicide but there are some points that say it's not. Here are the pros and cons of this law.

Pros:
- You have to be 18+ and is a terminal illness
- People do not need to suffer
- A free choice about your own life, method and date and time for taking the medication
- Hard decisions are taken away from loved ones
Coronavirus shows us why the time to decide on end-of-life care is ...- You can change your mind at the last minute
- You aren't forced to do it if you don't want to

Cons:
- Some doctors might not want to 
- It's still suicide
- Is against other people's beliefs and religion/values
- Can maybe take advantage of it by injecting it to someone else out of hatred
- Your loved ones don't have a choice but to accept your own decision to end your life
- Doctors can be guilty after doing it 

If I were to vote in this. I would vote no, it's because they are going to die eventually in a matter of time. What's the point of taking the medication in advance. If the illness is unable to cure at all they could just take it and end their sufferings early but I say I'd probably just enjoy my last days while I'm still living instead of taking the medication. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.