Pages

Tuesday 4 September 2018

No. 3 experiment in Science - Chromatography pens and skittles

Malo e lelei! Last week we did Chromatography pens and skittles at science, and I partnered with Ella for this experiment and blog.

Chromatography pens 
The Aim: for our experiment is to see if there are another colors in one color and see them separated.

 This is our experiment sheet (Result of our one):
Next, this is how we did it:
1.) pieces of equipment we need: ethanol, water, filter papers, felt pens, 2 beakers, scissors. We need to cut the filter papers into a shape of the rectangle (We need lots of it). Draw a dot of random colors in each filter paper.

2.) We need our 2 beakers now, we pour water in one of the beakers and the other one is Ethanol in a small amount because you can't touch the dot, you just need to reach down below.

3.) Now, wait for a while, as you can the water starts to go up and finally reach the dot. Just wait for a couple of minutes you can see the colors separating. Same with the Ethanol but may have more effect.

Chromatography Skittles
Our Aim was: to make the colors separate in the circle.

This is our Result for that experiment:

Next, how did we did it:
1.)  pieces of equipment we need: a circle container, water and different colour of skittles and that's all.

2.) Put the skittles first near the edge of the circle container just like in the picture.

3.)  Pour water carefully into the circle, then wallah! we did it!.

Reflection: That was a satisfying and colourful experiment! and we think that we've done a great job.
Bye and have a great day.

9 comments:

  1. Great job Elisha-Mae i really like how you done your step, your skittles look really colourful and bright.
    good job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Rarotonga! Thanks really appreciate it! You did awesome aswell!

      Delete
  2. Hey Elisha mae, Janel here. I really like the way you added in some pictures and also the way you explained it really well. I think next time you should do it on a google slide or other tools so that you can add more pictures but other than that, its a good post.
    BYE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Janel!
      Your feedback to me really help me! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Hi Elisha-Mae tamani here
    I really like you post on chromatography and it would be even better if you could eat the skittles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tamani! and yeah I did eat some of the skittles after doing that experiment.

      Delete
  4. Hello Elisha-Mae Vin here
    I really think you should blog a lot more because you put lots of info and effort into your posts you are also really good at using your words.

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Vin! Thanks for your feedback! I'll try to be more active on my blog!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.