Pages

Tuesday 23 February 2021

Art: Tone, Texture and Proportion

こんにちは! Last week and this week in Art, we have been working on our drawing skills of tone and proportion. Our task was to draw out a realistic drawing copy of the photographs we took that includes tones making it realistic and have a good proportion. This is my sketch compared to the real picture.

My drawing:


The picture reference:


What is tone?
The definition of tone in art is relating to the lightness or darkness of a color in a drawing such as shading etc making it realistic and have a good proportion.

What do I want to improve on my work?
I think next time, I would like to improve on composition. The wooden block object thing on the left doesn't have the right type of angle it is drawn in unlike the rest of the objects. It's more of a top angle. Moreover, in the original photo, the wooden thingy was nothing like the one I draw. It was way taller in my drawing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.