Pages

Saturday 8 June 2019

National Young Leaders Day 2019

In the 30th of May,  1 student from each class in HHS 7/8's to go to the NYLD at Horncastle Arena. There were 9 students in total, and those students are me, Risha, Qyn, Milan, Nici, Hayley, Tobey, Lasa, Quaiden and Blake (5 Girls and 4 Boys) and Miss Tozer.

The theme of that day was about the food of a leader.

 In Maori:
He Aha Te Kai a Te Rangatira?
He Kōrero, He Kōrero, He Kōrero.

In English:

What is the food of a leader?
It is Conversations.

NYLD event is a lovely event where young leaders hear enticing messages from role models/special speakers. Not just to listen to their messages but also get inspired by them.


There were 5 Guests speakers and they are Dr Lehan Stemmet, Sala Tiatia, Ronnie Taulafo, Christian Gallen and Kings and the 2 great hosts and they were Liz Alexander and Phil Baker.  My favourite speaker was Sala Tiatia because he gave a meaningful message and has a great sense of humour too. 


Here's a slideshow about each speaker of what did they talk about:


1 comment:

  1. Magandang Hapon Elisha Mae. I loved reading about your experience at the National Young Leaders Day. The slideshow that you created is awesome! I like how you shared the key messages you took away from each of the speakers, particularly Dr Lehan Stemmet's message about laying silver stones for other people and being a good role model. It was great that you included the whakatauki that was shared at NYLD too. Keep up the great blog posting Elisha Mae.
    Miss Tozer.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.