Pages

Tuesday 30 March 2021

Art: Michael Mews Collage

こんにちは! This week in Art I have completed my Collage Art. This artwork was inspired by an artist named Michael Mews. For the past several weeks, we looked into the concept of Michael Mew's art. As well as the structures of his art how there is a focal point, leading lines etc. 

Here's a picture of one of Michael Mew's amazing artwork.

Now moving on to the results of my collage art. Here are some photos from the process:
(This is a picture of the elements I've cut out from the magazine)

(An image of my thumbnail sketch for my art)
However, some things that I planned to do here were changed later on in the process. For instance, I was planning to include a butterfly on the top right corner of my art but I soon changed it instead to a moon.

And lastly, here's a picture of what the finished product of my art looks like.
"Orange Sweater" 
I really have no idea what to call this piece of art so I just went with 'orange sweater' because why not...
The main focal point of my art is obviously the woman in the centre wearing vibrant orange clothing. Some people say they thought the main focal point was the moon on the top right corner, but not quite I guess. The leading lines of my art are the flower's petals that have the same colour as the focal point's clothing. I intentionally placed the flower in the direction where the woman was looking at. 
However, the lines across the moon could be also considered as my leading lines. However, at some point, I kind of messed it up and played too much with the colours that it end up looking like a mess.  

What were your thoughts and interpretation of my art?
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Bye! 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Elisha, this is great process documentation. This is exactly what we try and get our NCEA candidates to do as a consistent body of this type of posting leads to merits and excellences as well as the space to self-critique when you need to develop ideas forward. Your placement of the flower is exactly the kind of thing we were after in creating 'leading lines' which means moving the eye around the image with intention. You are very good at painting too I might add! Well done, I appreciate having you in our class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elisha-Mae
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog post, it allowed me to gain a much better insight into your creative process.I'd love to see where your thinking takes you next. Will you develop this piece further, or has this inspired a totally new line of thinking?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.