Pages

Thursday 4 March 2021

English: Slam Poetry

こんにちは! Welcome to another post. Today I began looking at Slam Poetry. Slam poetry is a form of performance poetry that combines the element so performance, writing, competition, and audience participation. The name 'slam' came from how the audience has the power to praise o, sometimes, destroy a poem and form the high-energy performance style of the poets. 

We were tasked to watch a couple videos of slam poetry and pick which performance we liked the most and why? The slam poetry performance I like the most is 'Foundation' (a love poem) by Ben Stokes. Here's a video down below if you want to watch the performance.
The reason why I like this particular slam poetry performance is that it talks about how a child could boost its foundation of imagination through legos. It talks about how this generation seems to lack imagination and motivation because we are so glued to technologies these days that we seem to neglect how important it is for young people to unleash their imagination.

Quotes:
 "There is no implication to replace imagination"
"Back to the good old days, but to this, I feel my generation was the last of the train as it left the station"

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.