Pages

Monday 29 March 2021

Social Studies: Anti-Vietnam War Song

안녕! (Hi in Korean) Today in Social Studies, we have moved on to another topic relating the theme of Music through time (history). This topic is about Woodstock. We are tasked to blog about anti-Vietnam war songs. I picked this song.

Woodstock information:

At the time there was a war going on in Vietnam that America was heavily involved with. Many people around the world including New Zealand were against this. There were songs written about the Vietnam War and how bad it was. This song was sung at Woodstock. Woodstock a passive resistance movement against the Vietnam and American war.
__________________________________________

Title: Give Peace A Chance
Sung by: John Lennon & Yoko Ono
Released: 1969

    


The message of this song is obviously to give peace a chance. Instead of focusing and talking about the negative things, look into things that bring peace and love. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Elisha Mae,
    This is great work that you have done in Social Studies about the song "Give peace a chance" from John Lennon. You have detailed answers and have explained everything well. I like how you've added in a video of the song so the viewers can have a listen and understand your interpret of the song. Anyway keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Elisha
    This is a fantastic blogpost you have created. You explained the message of the song very well, not just that but also put down information regarding Woodstock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Elisha
    I like that you added 안녕, I thought it was pretty funny. Your blogpost is well made and set out nicely, its nice to look at and is very informative.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.