Pages

Wednesday 29 September 2021

English: The Secret of Walter Mitty (Late Post)

Greetings. This week in English, we began reading a short story called 'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Therefore, this blog will be about me answering the post-reading tasks based on the story. 

A drawing picture of one of Mitty's daydreams.
[Mitty imagined he is one of the successful famous surgeons that can only cure the patient]

Comprehension Question: 
What were Walter’s daydreams about? Rank the daydreams from your favourite to your least favourite.
Mitty Walter daydreams being a war pilot, a doctor, a sharp-shooter, and a captain. In the final daydream, Mitty imagines himself smoking a cigarette while in front of a firing squad. 

What was Walter Mitty doing in his waking life?
He was avoiding his inadequacies in real life.

Does Walter Mitty enjoy his life? Why or why not?
He doesn't enjoy his real-life nor content. He desires to be a cooler person with a cool life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.