Pages

Monday 20 September 2021

Wananga: Interpersonal Skills

Greetings. Today in Wananga, we are learning about the 8 fundamentals of communication skills and how it is beneficial in a job of your choice. I'm going to pick the job of a teacher to discuss my answers. It is important to have empathy being a teacher so you could teach better by understanding your student's perspective. And just like empathy, that goes without saying having good conversation skills is also important as a teacher. Because, how would you be able to teach students effectively if you yourself don't have good communication skills? Without it, you can't express your ideas to the students properly which will lead to having a poor understanding of the lesson discussed. It is also important to have a respectful vocabulary to set up a good role model for the students and it is just professionalism in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.