Pages

Wednesday 1 September 2021

English: Yellow Brick Road (Pre-Reading Questions)

Greetings! Today in English we are starting a new set of work about the 'Yellow Brick Road' story. This post is answering the pre-reading questions regarding the story.

1.) Witi Ihimaera is a New Zealand Author born in Gisborne, NZ in 1944. One of his famous works that were adapted to films is The Whale Rider (1987).

2.) I have never come across an expression called "Yellow Brick Road" before in my life. I am assuming it means something metaphorical like having an existential crisis and that yellow brick road represents that 'road'.

3.) Based on the title, I predict that this story is going to be about a protagonist who goes on a life-changing adventure, either for worse or better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.