Pages

Thursday 29 August 2019

PE Hurumanu - Warm-Ups and Drills

This week in PE Hurumanu, There were 6 different teams that were randomly chosen by the teachers. I was with Zoe, Risha, Shalizeh, Kya, Matt, Alex and Jayden. Our task was to choose a sport that we want to play during the PE Hurumanu sessions. We've all chose Volleyball because we thin It's an interesting sport and we wanna learn that as well. Our main task now is to fill in the template doc of how we're gonna teach that sport we've chosen to the class which is pretty challenging. In one of the parts, to teach our class that sport we were required to make a couple of warm-ups to be done for 5 minutes and two drills that practise the 2 skills in volleyball.

 We created 3 main warm-ups to be done in 5 minutes. 
Image result for running back and forthOur warm-ups are: 
- 20 Walking Hip flexor stretch
- 20 Walking glute stretch
- 20 Squats
- 20 Laps running back and forth

Our 2 drills are:

- Long-throw
How to do it:
Get a partner and a volleyball. For this drill, you need to stand across each other and practises hitting the ball we will teach you how to hit the ball. Make sure to aim a little high when you hit so you can practise hitting the ball over the net.

- ServingHow to do it:
Serving - The next drill we will be teaching you will be how to serve in a volley. For this, you will need a group of two so in pairs. You will try serving over a net. The aim is to have served that land in the other person's hands. 

So Far those are the things we've done. Next week, we we'll be focusing on making our slides of how to play our sports which is Volleyball. I don't know much in Volleyball so I guess I'll be learning how to play it as well in this Hurumanu. Bye! Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.