Pages

Monday 5 August 2019

"Doughnut" - Stopmotion Art Hurumanu Finished!

Kamusta! This week in Art Hurumanu, we've finally finished the Stopmotion project we're doing. It's called "Doughnut" for some reason because It's held in Dunkin' doughnut shop. Before I show you guys the finished product, I'm going to tell you the things that we've done to produce a completed, amazing, cringy stop-motion. 

Firstly, we were randomly grouped with a mix of people between the two classes which is Bh and Tz.
My groupmates were Rarotonga and Charlie. Then, we have to choose our main topic in Manaakitanga and we chose Kindness. We were actually inspired by the short film called "Kindness Ripple" where a man helped a poor family to buy something in the grocery store and years later the kindness that he did return to him. 

Anyways, after choosing a topic Whaea Rowena taught us the types of angles you could do in stop motion. We also did research about the successful people that do illustrate like Quentin Blake. Quentin Blake is one of the examples of people who draw fast and quick but you could see the details. We take him as an example for our next task to do which is StoryBoard. A storyboard is a piece of big paper where there's a lot of small boxes where you can draw each scene is happening on your stop motion.

Short story, me and my group decided to do a stop motion about Doughnut and kindness. The purpose of our storyboard is that so we can remember what is next in our Stopmotion. My group and I only completed 1 storyboard sheet but that's enough to see what's going on in our story. 

Next, we need to do writing about our stop-motion. Miss Birtch taught us how to write a Narrative with good quality. She also taught us to use interesting words instead of boring words. 

Lastly, We did our characters. The characters are Liam, Shine, Sandy - the cashier and Mina. We started making our characters if your doing clays and also the backgrounds and bit and pieces.

After that, we did the script and finally, we film the stop-motion with our Chromebooks. But we need to finish the filming the stop-motion then do a voice-over of it.

Finally, All you've been waiting to.
Here's our Cringey Stop-motion:


Thanks for reading this LONG post!
Please comment on what you think, thank you.
Bye have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.