Pages

Wednesday 18 August 2021

Social Studies: The Einsatzgruppen

 Hi. This week in Social Studies we are looking at the "Einsatzgruppen" basically meaning "The cleanup squads" in Geman. No, they weren't environmental cleaning up. Those were the combat soldiers that was tasked to kill the Jews around Europe, especially those with wealth and power during WW2 under Hitler's command. The worst massacre occurred in Kiev, where 33,771 Jews were killed in a single operation.

Now the task is to locate the countries that were involved in WW2, as well as the location of the death camps, where they executed countless Jews. 

Here's a picture of my map: 

Now if you look closely, most death camps were located in Poland. This may be due to because Hitler doesn't want the blood-shedding happening in his country. And as always, thanks for viewing my post. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Elisha Mae,
    This is a great blog post about The Einsatzgruppen/WW2. You have explained everything so well about what you had to do. I like how you've explained in a easy way about Einsatzgruppen, it's very helpful for the readers who don't understand. Your map looks neat and nice with the colours. I don't think there is anything you could improve on in your post, but overall I enjoyed reading your post and keep producing awesome work.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.