Pages

Friday 24 May 2019

Fo Guang Shan Temple visit 2019

Hi! Today I'm gonna be sharing you my experience in Fo Guang Shan Temple visit 2019 trip.
I hope you enjoy and here's my writing:


3G4G  Experience 2019

In the 14th of May, My class (7/8Tz) Bh, Ts and Sh classes went to Fo Guang Shan Buddhist temple or we call it 3G4G. 3G stands for doing good deeds, say good words and think good thoughts. The 4G stands for Giving others hope, give others joy, give others convenience and give others confidence. It was a lovely sunny early morning at about 9:00 AM, we started going into our buses. I and my class 7/8Tz  were with 7/8Bh class on the bus. As I walk in the bus, I choose the first single seat in the front because I like to see the view. A couple of minutes later we arrived in the Fo Guang Shan Buddhist Temple. They welcomed us with some warm greetings. After that, they split us into two groups. My class and Bh class was in Group 2 while the Sh and Ts class is in Group 1.


We all waddled to the Art Gallery and they explained to us what does 3G4G means. Next, That’s when we got split up, Group 1 went to the other side, while us we went to the Flower Origami part. First, we choose a flower paper origami parts. The instructor explained to us how to do it.
After about 5 minutes later everyone was finished.  There were some Pink, Blue, White/Cream, Orange and Yellow colours of flowers. But for me, I choose the Pink one because I like Pink.


Next, we watch a video about their Buddha of how he gives Joy, Hope, Confidence and Convenience to others,  It was really nice to know their cultures. After we watch the video we have some Q and A’s about the video and summerise up of what happened in the video.
Thirdly, we went outside to get some water tattoos! Based on my observations in the water tattoo it says what are 3G4G.  We lined up and get our water tattoos, first, she gets the tattoo template and wet it in my hand. We put our other hand over it in 40 seconds so the water tattoo is firmly stuck.


After that, we lined up to get cookies and water. We receive 2 cookies in one small clear plastic packaging and water in packaging like the type of Yoghurt packaging which seems a bit odd. After everyone receives a cookie and water we sat down in the edge. The other groups which are Sh and Ts class also arrived and get their cookies and water. We were just eating, then suddenly, the bird pooped in the arms of one of the boys in Bh which is Jullien. It was so funny and unexpected and everyone laughed.


Thirdly, we waddled again upstairs and they showed us their library. The library was quite small so we were a bit crowded. Their library was full of Chinese books, English books etc. Apparently, that library was a bit old so it didn’t have a computer in it. Lastly, everyone gathered up in the main part of the temple. There inside, there’s a thing where you can bath the Buddha. Mostly half of the everyone bath the Buddha and half of it didn’t. I didn’t bath the Buddha because I was too shy to go up there and everyone staring at you while bathing the Buddha so I didn’t go up.


After bathing the Buddha, We also did a quick meditation. Everyone sat on the ground a relax their bodies and close their eyes. We did meditation for 3 minutes. After the meditation, my body feels relax but the others say it hurts their back. It’s probably because they straighten their backs too much. Lastly, they give us a little token bell with a red paper hanging underneath the bell and it says what is the 3G4G’s. Overall my Experience in 3G4G visiting the Fo Guang Shan Buddhist temple again in 2019 was great and fabulous.

Facts:
The paper flower origami that we did. Is actually called "Lotus".
Here's what it looks like in real life:

I hope you enjoy it! Don't forget to give me some feedback about my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.