Pages

Thursday 12 September 2019

PE Hurumanu (Bench ball game and Maths)

Kia Ora! Today I'll be blogging about what we have done for the past few weeks in PE Hurumanu. First of all, a group called 'french fries' taught us a very enjoyable game called 'Bench Ball'. It wasn't really a sport but we enjoyed it though. The warm-ups they prepared were 40-star jumps, 20 High knees, 10 runs back and forth and the drills were Sneak up granny. 

After we've done the warm-ups and drills, we finally moved on to the real game. First off, we were separated into our year groups which are year 7 and year 8's. I'm a year 8 student so I went to the year 8 sections. We versed the Year 8 BH and the Year 7 TZ also verse the Year 7 BH. We all did two rounds and sadly, Year 8TZ lose both rounds while Year 7TZ won just one game because we didn't have enough time.

Next, I'll be talking about the Math-related activity we did with Miss Birtch. The purpose of this Hurumanu is that we learn a different subject as well. It's not just all PE we also do other subjects such as Maths, Reading or Writing. We did a math problem relating to painting a pitch lining on the field of football and we need to find out how many It will costs to paint the whole field, how much time It will take and How much Whiteline buckets do we need?

I was grouped with Risha and Kya for this maths problems. At first, we were very confused because we get it all mixed up. We were also split into two groups 3 teams went to Miss Simpson to practice their warm-ups while the other 3 teams are working on math problems with Miss Birtch. In the end, we shared how we did it and what type of strategy we use but we got similar strategies with other groups. We divide it and that's how we got the answer to it.

Reflection: I think French Fries did a really a good job of teaching us a game/sport. Maybe next time add another drill because you guys have only one drill and we were supposed to have 2 drills. Also, make sure the drills are related to the game you are teaching next time but overall you guys did a really good job. Keep it up!

I was an outstander because I pass the ball to people on my team instead of passing it to the same person all the time.
But anyway, thanks for reading my post and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.