Pages

Saturday 14 September 2019

Speed Date An Author!

Namaste! Today I'll be blogging about my awesome experience on Speed Date An Author event earlier. They were 8 lucky students from each class and I was chosen in Tz. I was with Bailey, Nici, Jackson, Talia, Lyan, Emily, Bailey and Mr Scott. There we're 4 sessions and morning tea in between. The amazing authors/illustrators in there are Donovan Bixley, Elissa Weissman, Bill Nagelkerke and Daisy Lavea Timo.

They were all pretty interesting and entertaining. One of them taught us about how you could come up with a great character for your story. First off, you just basically draw doodles or shape for a start and let your mind draw. Don't think about making it perfect because no one is perfect.

Their lessons taught me how to...

  • Come up with better ideas for characters
  • Learn different types of author voices
  • Interesting words that I didn't know before like 'Triskaidekaphobia'. It basically means fear of number Thirteen. Pretty weird right? I didn't people would be scared of number 13.
Reflection: That was an amazing experience going to Speed Date An Author event but at the same time very scary. Because in one of the workshops no one volunteered to share their story they've written and the teacher started picking students and I have an anxiety attack that she might choose me. But luckily, she didn't.

Anyways thanks for reading my post and have a lucky year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.