Pages

Friday 13 September 2019

Scratch VS Sphero

Annyeong! Today I'll be doing a reflection about two apps we explored on Tuesday this week which is Scratch and Sphero. 

1) What is Scratch?
Scratch is one of the apps we can use to make our game. Scratch does a lot of thrilling things like you can add your own sound effects or you could voice over your character. Using the great app, you could make a stopmotion or an animation. 

2) What is Sphero?
Sphero is an app where you can control a small sphere robot. In that app, you can tell what the robot to do. To control the sphero you need to connect it with an Apple iPad and connect it with a robot. When one of the Sphero lights up, that means that's the robot you just connected. You could also make it say something and change the light colour.
Image result for scratchImage result for sphero
3) What do these tools have in common?
The things that Sphero and scratch have in common is that you could both control and edit whatever you want it to do. I also notice they both start at letter S.

4) Which one do you prefer and why?
For me, I think I'd prefer to use Scratch because you can edit it using your Chromebook. If you use sphero you have to connect the iPad to the robot and you'll have trouble controlling it especially you don't use a common iPad in the school It's one of the kinds of iPad. Plus, you can use scratch at home if you have your own Chromebook.

5) How could you use one of these to address your issues?
I could use the Scratch app and make a specific character that travelled somewhere and fix the deforestation problems with her magic. I know magic doesn't exist in real life but It's fine. 

Anyway, Bye and have a great day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.