Pages

Wednesday 23 September 2020

Levinthal Emulations - ART

 In our Art lesson, we are focusing on David Levinthal's way of photography. David Levinthal is a photographer that uses mini figures to represent an idea like war scenes for example. We were tasked to make an emulation of his photographs. Emulation is kinda like imitating something but not exactly copying, just either making it better from the original or creating a piece that is kinda similar to it but with our own props. We took the time to do some photograph session outside using our mini figures. Here are the photographs I took. I didn a little bit of editing in it. I hope you like it.




It is 3 photographs of mini figures that looked like some couples. There's not really any special idea meaning behind it. We also needed to evaluate one of our photographs and check if we have included like rule of thirds, assymetry/symettry, focal points, and leading lines.  View my other post to know the definitions of those and what it is. Have a nice day! Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Elisha Mae, This series of photographs of couples are successful emulations: you retain some features of Levinthal's work but make the work more personal and your own. The couple in the first two photographs stand before and Nature. They are ordinary but also heroic because of the low camera angles which provide ample views of plants and skies with fluffy clouds. Do you think they appear more real than toys?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.