Pages

Sunday 13 June 2021

English: Create Your Own Short Film

Hello everyone! For the past few weeks in English, we have been creating our own short film. Here's the short film I created. I hope you like it Enjoy!


Camera techniques included in this film:
Full Shot, Long Shot, Tilt, Pan, Close-up, Extreme close-up, Mid-shot.
(And plus two of my choice: Low angle and shallow focus.

Reflection Questions:

1.) Tell your readers a bit about the project you were assigned?
We were given a task to make our own short films (no more than 5 mins) in groups, re-imagining the story of The Merchant of Venice (Shakespeare) using specific film techniques. 

2.) What is your short film about?
My short film is about a girl who found a magical crystal ball sitting on the grass after roaming around the garden. She decided to bring it inside a special chamber. In the end, the film changed into a cold colour, signifying the crystal ball she found wasn't magical and instead was cursed.

3.) How is this a ‘re-telling of The Merchant of Venice?
I don't think my film portrayed any relation to the story of Merchant of Venice. Initially, I was going to. However, I changed my mind eventually and created something totally different in a creative way. 

4.) What 2 additional film techniques did you use? What were the intended effects of these?
The 2 additional film techniques I used was the low angle and shallow focus.
These film techniques were intended to... 
Shallow Focus - To make it have that cinematic effect and to intrigue the viewers. 
Low Angle - To show the dominance of the character

5.) What were some challenges you encountered while doing this project? What learnings did you gain from these challenges?
There were a few challenges I encountered throughout this project which the groups. I was hesitant to work with anybody in my class. Therefore, I decided to work individually. However, I realized in the end, I can't do much with making a film by myself. That is why I also got help from my sister. 

Lesson learned: 
You can't do everything by yourself, you will need to work with others to produce a better result. 

6.) What would you do differently if you were to do this project again?
I would definitely try to work with the people in my class instead of going out in my way, thinking I could do everything by myself. As well as making a script for the film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.