Pages

Tuesday 18 August 2020

Hurumanu 5: Lemon Batteries 🍋

 Aim: To produce an electrical current using lemons.

Equipment:

  • Copper electrode

  • Zinc electrode

  • Copper wire

  • Lemon

  • Voltmeter


Methods:

  1. Roll your lemon onto the table, softening the inside.
  2. Push in the Copper electrode and Zinc electrode onto the Lemon.
  3. Get your Voltmeter, plugged in the negative and positive wire to their proper placement.
  4. Clip the negative wire to the Zinc electrode.l
  5. Clip the positive wire to the Copper electrode.
In the Voltmeter, there it will show how much the volts the Lemon produce.
Here are some pictures of the experiment:


In my groups' lemons, it only produced 1 volt. I wasn't expecting a lot from this so I guess it was fine. We also attempt to connect a couple of lemons together to see how much volts it would produce. It produced about 5 volts all together. 

Have a great day and bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.