Pages

Sunday 30 August 2020

My lovely photo-montage collage artwork!

Hello! This week in Art, we moved on making our own photo-montage collage art. The photomontage style of art is a montage constructed from photographic images The previous one was made on paper. This time around, we are having a go in making our own photomontage collage digitally. we were tasked to make a couple so here's mine. I made 3 in total. I hope you like it!

Photomontage 1:
This was my first attempt at making a photomontage collage digitally. The idea I had in my head was to make it as a desert theme. As you can see, on the right side, I made that person's arm turn into some macarons because it sorta fit in from the wrist. The ice cream cone that the figure was holding ended up looking like Hello Kitty because of the cherry representing it as the bow. The hand that is holding the White cat signifies that it is getting served that is why the angle of that arm is a bit higher than the left one. Speaking of the left side, the ice cream cone that the figure was holding contained a cute round bunny. At the top of the bunny, there is a sunflower plant growing in its head. Having the orange wing butterfly hanging on it just adds to the idea that it is an actual plant and is pollinating the sunflower. At last, the background is just some deserts that relate to the main object.

Photomontage 2:
This is my second photomontage collage art. The theme of this artwork is lemons. I started it off with some anime guy, eventually covered it's faced with a large lemon and added some details to it by pasting some small lemons both sides to represent the ears. I noticed the t-shirt were kinda empty so I pasted some lemons that have some green leaves on it to the shirt to give it some design. With all of those details, it turned out to be a lemon figure. Although it didn't have any facial structures, the hands, neck and body were enough to consider it as a person. The figure is on a pose that makes both of their fists crumbled up into a ball as a sign of cheer. As the whole thing is mostly just yellow, it represents the enthusiasm and energy that the colour yellow brings out. As well as the Sunflower on the bottom left corner.

Photomontage 3:
Lastly, this was the third photomontage collage artwork. Firstly, I took a photo of one of the k-pop idol that I adore. I cut the picture and edited the background. But before I moved on to the background, I edited a white shadow at the back of the person to make it more like 3d. Now for the background, I gathered some aesthetic peach themed pictures from the internet and just sorta paste them all over the place. You can also see some of the repetitive images on the background somewhere. I only used about 8 different images and put it all together to turn into an aesthetic background. As you probably noticed, I also put some of the pictures into a different angle. It turned out pretty well. For the finishing touch, I decided to add some flower crown to the person. 

If I have to choose out of these 3 masterpieces of which one I like the most, I would probably choose Photomontage 3, it's because I put a lot of effort and hard work into this one, especially the background and the white shadow of the figure. Therefore, I am proud of all of my finished product artwork.
I hope you liked my art and have a nice day everyone! Bye~!

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Elisha-Mae,
    Well done! You've analysed the three photomontage and described your process of assembly clearly. The insight into your thinking is enjoyable: you add other ice cram desserts to provide a context for your ice cream kittens in photomontage 1. You add a sunflower to make a connection between the sunflower and expression of your lemon head in photomontage 2. Which of the three works has the least transformation of the main subject? Great mahi!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.