Pages

Saturday 21 March 2020

How to make Cup Cakes - Home Economics

Hi, This week in Home Economics, we baked cupcakes. We had 2 sessions on making the cupcake. Tuesday - baking the cupcake and Friday - Decorating the cupcake.
We had the challenge to try tricking the brain by not having the match colours to its flavour. You'll see on the slides down below that we had colour Blue icing but the flavour was Strawberry n' cream. In total, we baked, 12 cupcakes in total, we divided it into 4 people which is my team. We had 3 cupcakes each and we have to make the 3 cupcakes identical.
Here's a slideshow I made to show you how to make your own delicious cupcake:


The cupcake wasn't that bad, it was alright for me. But there are some problems we had because I think we overmixed the icing and the texture was lumpy and not fluffy. Maybe next time we should be extra careful on mixing things to make sure we don't over mix it.
Thank you for viewing my post, have a great day!~

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elisha Mae. Another great post. I like that your photos match each method step. Your cakes look nice and even in size and colour and your icing is very colourful. You comment on the icing being lumpy. Did you cream the margarine before adding the icing sugar? I think you may have added too much icing sugar or not enough margarine. Did you find the icing flavour was suitable for the cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.