Pages

Monday 16 March 2020

Chronomatography - Hurumanu 3 - Science

Hi, Today in Hurumanu 3, Science we are learning about Chromatography. Chroma means 'colour' in greek. The purpose of this experiment is to see what are the different colours that one certain colour has. For this experiment, I chose the colour, Violet. 

Aim: To separate pigment colors.

Hypothesis: I think mine will have a different variety of colours on it.

Method:
1. Get your Filter paper strip and cut it in half.
2. Choose a colour felt and draw a dot two fingers away from the bottom
3. Fill up your beaker about 50ml of water.
4. Place your filter paper in the side of the beaker.
5. Wait for a couple of minutes until the colour spreads. 

Results:
My first colour results (Colour Violet)
There were Light blue and Pink popped up inside purple.
My 2nd colour results; I used Colour Black this time:
The colours that are in here are Orange, Purple, Blue, Sky Blue, and a little bit of pink.


Bye! Have a great day!~

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.