Pages

Wednesday 4 March 2020

Evaporation || Hurumanu 3, Chemistry ||

Hello, Today in Hurumanu 3, we are learning about evaporation. The teacher gave us 3 questions to answer in our blog. Here are three questions:
1. Why a dissolved-solute cannot be filtered
2. What evaporation is?
3. How can evaporation be used to separate a solute from a solvent in a solution?

I did some research but here you go. Let's answer the easiest question. What is Evaporation?
Evaporation is an act turning liquid to gas. Like for example, In the water cycle, there is a part that the liquid or should I say ocean evaporates by the sunlight shining through it causing it to become clouds in the sky.

Next question, Why a dissolved-solute cannot be filtered? I think It can't be filtered because the solute has already dissolved and has mixed with the solvent, but it can still be filtered by evaporating it and it will leave out the dried solute.

Last but not the least, How can evaporation be used to separate a solute from a solvent in a solution. Just like I've answered at the top, you can evaporate it. Now how do you do it? You use bunsen burners or just flames but be careful and you basically just heat up the solution. Eventually, it will do the magic. Bye!
Do you like the subject Science? Why or Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.