Pages

Saturday 27 November 2021

Science: Germination Experiment

For the past few weeks in Science, we have been doing an experiment around Germination. Germination is the name of the process where a plant grows from a seed.

Aim: To observe and record germination in bean seed.

Equipment: 200 mL beaker, newspaper, water, bean seed.

Method: 
1.) Get a newspaper and stuff it inside the beaker. Make sure it covers the edges and the bottom of the glass. 
2.) Get a pencil and poke the newspaper on the side to make an opening and place your bean seed inside it.
3.) Pour a decent amount of water into the beaker and wait for 1 or 2 weeks for the bean to germinate.

Observations/Results:

Conclusion:
I think the whole experiment was fun and it went well. It never failed to amuse me to watch the growth of the bean into a plant every day. I watched the bean grow from the embryo stage into a full developed plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.