Pages

Thursday 7 February 2019

The Amazing Home Chemistry!

Home Chemistry

Hello, my fellow peoples! Welcome to my blog again...
Today, in Science class, we learned what is the chemical name for some of the things you can find at home. I partnered up with the lovely girl called Nevaeh in my class and we worked together in this research.

Here's a doc where we did our fantabulous work!

"Home Chemistry"

Aim: Looking at 10 household chemicals
Equipment: Salt, Surf, White Vinegar, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cleaner, Detergent, Lemonade, Sugar, Citric Acid.

(I'm sorry for some errors)
Common name:
Chemical Name:
Salt
Sodium chloride
Surf
Sodium carbonate
Vinegar
CH3COOH
Baking Soda
Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate
Baking Powder
NaHCO3
Cleaner
Oxidisers
Detergent
C17H35COONa
Lemonade
C H O
Sugar
(2R,3R,4S,5S,6R)-2-[(2S,3S,4S,5R)-3,4-dihydroxy-2,5-bis(hydroxymethyl)oxolan-2-yl]oxy-6-(hydroxymethyl)oxane-3,4,5-triol
Citric Acid
77-92-9; 2-hydroxypropane-1,2,3-tricarboxylic

Created by: Nevaeh and Elisha Mae

Here are the 5 words that I describe the reaction of White Vinegar and Baking soda mixed together in a bottle.
  • Bubbly
  • Foamy
  • Burst
  • Explode
  • Fizzy
Bye! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Elisha Mae I am so impressed by the hardwork you and Nevaeh put into your blog post. You have definitely earned your first point towards your science badge.

    I look forward to working with you this semester for Science Hurumanu. Excellent start!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.