Pages

Sunday 14 June 2020

Pikelets - Home Economics

This week in Home Economics, we cooked Pikelets. You may or may not heard of it but it's basically just a smaller size of a regular pancake. However, there are some differences between the two. The batter for Pikelet is a bit thicker while for Pancake it is flat and soft. Most of the time Pikelets are cooked with Yeast but not always though. For our case in Home Economics, we used Baking powder instead of Yeast. Anyways, here are some steps on how to make your own.



Tasting Evaluations:
For me, I can't really taste the difference between regular pancakes, to be honest. But what stands out the most is the thick texture of it yet soft. It also has a very plain flavour. It'd be good if we could add some savoury toppings such as honey syrup. But other than that, It wasn't too plain. Just the type of flavour I'd like.

However, due to the time limit, we had to hurry and cook the other pikelets as well. We were focusing to make one pikelet perfect because as they say, the greater the visual, the better people would be enthusiastic about eating them. We were carried away that we had some trouble with the time. So we sort of rushed the whole thing.

As you could see not all the pancakes look appetizing at all. But it turned out okay at the end.
Not too bad I guess. =) Thank you for reading my post!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Elisha Mae. I like the way your photos explain the method. It makes it very easy to follow the steps. I also like the shape and rise of your pikelets. I note you keep referring to pancakes. Pikelets have a very different batter to a pancake, the latter is more runny. I have not heard of pikelets being made with yeast. Have you researched this? If not then I suggest you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs. Rhodes. Thank you for commenting on my post. I'm sorry that was a mistake of mine. Yes I have researched in Google on what was the difference of Pancake and Pikelet. Both are similar but Pikelet have a slightly thicker batter. It was actually a Crumpet that is made with Yeast and not Pikelets=. I miss-read the text online. I thought it was talking about Pikelet. But anyways, thanks for pointing out that. My bad, next time I'll reread the information I get from Google and make sure I fully understand it. 😅😅

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.