Pages

Thursday 11 June 2020

Who invented Basketball?


Hello! This week in PE Hurumanu 7 we've been exploring some unpredictable sports. On Tuesday we did some sports stacking and a little game of Bench ball. Today (Thursday session) we did some Basketball and practices each skill that is essential like dribbling, passing, etc. We are also tasked to do a little research about who invented the game basketball. Anyways here we go.

The man who invented the game basketball is James Naismith. James Naismith is an American-Canadian educator/ sports coach and innovator. He got the idea of making basketball because they needed a sport that can be played indoors because it's freezing outside because it's Winter.

The game was first used in 1891 at the YMCA training school in Springfield, Massachusetts.
BYE

James Naismith | MY HERO


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.