Pages

Saturday 6 June 2020

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Home Economics

Konnichiwa! This week in Home Economics we baked some Chocolate chip cookies this time.

I say the whole process went okay but still had some downs. As always, I'm on the same team. We were given the sort of a different layout recipe sheet. It used to be the kind of a layout where it's all written like for example; step 1, step 2, etc. It was in a paragraph instead.

It didn't really explain the steps in much detail like for example, how many minutes we should melt the butter in the microwave. We tried to melt it for like 30 seconds but it didn't do much work on the butter. But It's okay, we were supposed to cream it anyway. Anyways before I spoiled all the methods on how to make your own Chocolate chip cookie.



Tasting evaluations:
(Me and my team's finish product)

Firstly, what stands out the most is the Sugary flavour. It was extremely sweet and honeyed-like. Especially, there was a flavour of Chocolate chips so it made it more sweetener that might cause sugar-rush. But the texture of the cookie was neutral. It was chewie and soft at the same time, which is unusual. 

But after it was cooled for a few minutes, It was all crunchy. I'd rate it 4/10 because I'm not really a fan of sweet foods such as candy, chocolates, etc. Maybe next time, what we could do is to reduce the amount of sugar maybe, if it doesn't ruin the recipe. But otherwise, I say It's not too bad at all.

Thank you for reading! BYE

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elisha Mae. I totally agree about the sweetness of the biscuits. You could reduce the amount of sugar, especially the white sugar. With a little experimentation you would find a sweetness that suits you. Your biscuits look good and have a nice even colour. Adding some fruit would also alter the taste and may detract from the sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs. Rhodes. Thank you for commenting on my post again. Thank you for your suggestions on how to reduce the sweetness of the biscuit. I'd try it one day to see what it taste like. Other than that, Have a nice day!

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.