Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2020

Cow Eye Dissection - Hurumanu 5

Today in Hurumanu 5 last week, we began learning all about the parts of the eye. Such as Iris, Pupil, Cornea, Lens, Optic Nerve, and Retina. Today, we did an experiment and that is to the direction of Cow's eye.

Aim: Dissect a Cow's eye.

Equipment:
- Cow's preserved Eye
- Dissecting scissors 
- Gloves (optional)
- Newspaper
- Twicers

Before doing the experiment, you might wanna wear some gloves but that's totally optional. Also, make sure to put a newspaper across the table so it would not make a mess on the table.

Method:
1) Then we take a preserve cow's eye. Get your dissecting scissors and cut off any exes fat around the Cow's eye. 

2) Poke the corner of the eye and proceed to cut the whole Cornea. Be careful because the humour fluid inside would burst out. It should look something like this when you cut it off:

3) Next, emptied the eye and you should soon see the lens. A translucent squishy/sticky thing. If you take out the lens you will see the whole thing inside of the eye.

4) After that, cut off the whole thing in half and you should see some sort of colour blue inside.


Findings:
I and my team find it difficult to puncture the eye because it's squishy and slippery so we had to ask for some help. I find it oddly satisfying while doing the experiment. 

Conclusion:
Overall I think it was an odd experiment. It was sort of disgusting though but yeah it was an odd way of learning from the parts of the eyes visually.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.