Pages

Saturday 17 October 2020

Market Day & Business n' Enterprise (Late post)

The previous term ended with a blast. In the last week of Term 3, we had launched our Market day. Market day is a day where we could sell our own products that we've constructed over the weeks. This project was called Business n' Enterprise 'BNE' for short. The purpose of this was to expand our knowledge when it comes to business, such as managing our finance properly, how to run a business, and to produce a quality product, etc. We had to work in groups of four and form a business. With that, each individual has different roles. The positions are CEO, Financial/sales manager, Marketing manager, and Production manager. Apparently, I was chosen to be the CEO of my group's company. It was kinda stressful because the blame would be pointed out to you if something goes wrong in the company. However, we worked as a team and didn't cause lots of troubles. 


Anyway, we were given a couple of weeks to produce our product. We had to fit in on a theme. The theme was sustainability. As you may be aware, the Earth is in a condition where we need to put an act to save the Earth before it's too late. By creating a sustainable product, it would help the situation. Therefore, it doesn't necessarily to be out environmental, it could be social and cultures. My group liked the idea of creating a product relating to cultures. So we created something cultural-related. Our product is a bit complexed because it is not something you could say as just an individual product. It was a package filled with all sorts of things that are related to cultures. For instance, a bracelet that has some cultural patterns in it. Overall, it was filled with a mini scented candle, stickers, bracelets (as mentioned), a pencil, and last but not the least, a little booklet contained facts about a specific country.


My team and I worked very hard on our product, aiming for a qualified product so it will be worth buying. However, due to the limit of finances, we weren't able to produce lots of bags filled with those lovely things inside. The limited money each group was given is $20 for the least. If we wanted more, we had to persuade Mr. Scott on giving us more. We thought that we would only make at least 10x of our product with the money limit. But, enough to surpass the money that was invested in our business. In the end, we sold all of our products right away because the customers liked it. But it was a shame that we weren't able to produce more at the time given and finance. However, I think I am satisfied with the results. We were able to give back the money that was invested in our business with no loss. 

The market day happened on Wednesday the last term. I think it was okay. There were a lot of interesting products that the other students have come up with. From carnival games to delicious food and more. I bought a couple of other student's products and they weren't too bad. But I think there is room for improvement. I would rate the Market day itself an 8/10 because there was some music in the background playing and we were allowed to pick our own song. As well as because most of the students sold out their products and there were no leftovers so I think everyone did a good job. 

Here's a picture of our stalls. As you can see the quantity of our product isn't a lot, but I think my team did an awesome job. Maybe next time we could by producing more quantities of our products. As you can probably see, the logos on the bags made it stands out and it attracts the customers I guess.
Bye and have a nice day!~




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.