Pages

Friday 16 October 2020

Theme Guide Book - Hurumanu 2 - Film Studies

Hola! This week in Hurumanu 1 (Film Studies) we began looking around 'Themes'. What are the themes? An easy definition for it is Story (action) + Plot = Character development yielding the theme. It is also kinda like what the movie is giving us a message about. Some themes could teach us a moral lesson. In my case, after watching the movie 'Coraline', we started exploring themes based on the movie. We had to make either a Coogle (a digital tool, kind of like mindmap) presentation or a theme guide book to show our understanding of themes. I hope you like it! 



What am I learning?

(Answered in the introduction)

How does this show my learning?

It obviously shows by creating a theme guide book to show my learning.

What am I wondering as a result of this learning?

In a single movie, how many messages can be included like Coraline for example? 


1 comment:

  1. Excellent work Elisha-Mae! You have described all three themes chosen with great detail, and shown through your chosen images how other techniques (like colour and lighting) are used to support these themes. You have also related the themes to real-life situations to help the reader understand better. If you are okay with it, I would like to use your post as an exemplar. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.