Pages

Wednesday 14 October 2020

Muscles and Joints - Hurumanu 2 - Science

 Hi, this week in Hurumanu 2 [Science] subject, we began looking at the muscles and joints. Here are some key points I've learned during those sessions. 

1.What is the job of a muscle?

The job of the muscle is to make the bones of your skeleton or the tissue of your organs move.

2. Name the two muscles in your Upper Arm: 

The two muscles in your upper arm are Triceps and Biceps muscles.


3. If the gastrocnemius is contracting, what will the tibialis anterior be doing?

The tibialis anterior will be relaxing.


4. What do the following parts of a joint do?

  1. Cartilage - protects the two bones as they rub against each other.

  2. Synovial fluid - keeps the bones moving.

  3. Ligament - they attach the two bones together.


5. What are two examples in the human body of a:

  1. Hinge Joint: 1 knee  2.elbow

  2. Ball and Socket Joint: 1 shoulder 2.hips


If you are interested, you can watch the following videos.
Watch the video: Why do joints click?
Watch the video: What makes the muscle grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.