Pages

Monday 19 October 2020

White Blood Cells POV - Writing (Late post)

Hello! Welcome to another post of mine. Weeks ago, In Hurumanu 2 (Science + Literacy) we were studying about blood. In one of our tasks, we were tasked to write a story about the blood cells. To expand an individual's understanding of blood and its functions. Here's my mini-story about the 4 types of blood cells through the White blood cell's point of view (POV). I hope you enjoyed it and have learned something new! 

 White Blood Cells POV (Point of view)

Hello. I am White blood cells. I have three other brothers and they are Red blood cells, Plasma, and Platelets. We are the four types of blood cells that are contained inside the human body. Each of us has different jobs that are responsible for. I and my brother Platelets are the defenders while my brother Plasma and red blood cells are responsible for transporting the chemicals that are needed for the body to survive. 

Together, we are the blood brothers.


Let me tell you, a bit more about me. My job is to protect the human body from any foreign molecules or infections that try to dare to enter the body. I am the bravest and fight any infections that come my way. I fought the infections by producing antibodies. Thus, the human body will stay healthy and safe. I usually rest when the body is perfectly healthy and a bit more active when it’s not well.


My brother, Platelets, kind of had a similar job as me. We both protect the body. Platelets are responsible for making blood clots when the body gets a wound or cut. That way, it would prevent the amount of blood loss from the body. Losing a lot of blood can lead to some serious conditions. Platelets are the tiny fragments of cells.


Next, my brother, red blood cells. He is responsible for carrying a chemical called “Hemoglobin”. A chemical that carries oxygen around the body. Without oxygen, humans wouldn’t be able to live. Red blood cells make up about 45% of the human body so there are more red blood cells.


Lastly, my brother Plasma. Plasma is rather a straw-colored liquid. He transports carbon dioxide from the human cells to their lungs, nutrients from the small intestine of their cells, and chemical messengers (called hormones) to their cells too. It makes up about 54% of the human body's blood.


Now there you have it. We are the blood brothers. Nice to meet you!

Now I have to go. I need to go and fight those nasty infections!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.