Pages

Monday 16 November 2020

Wananga: Blogging choice activity

 Hi everyone! Today in Wananga we were set a task to do a blogging choice activity. We were given a choice to pick whatever we want that is listed on the grid. One of the choices on the grid was to create a blog post to share a memorable experience that you had recently. I'll write about how my long weekend went. Anyway, enjoy, I guess.

On Thursday afternoon, my family and I drove to a camp with some friends at Clearwater lake. Supposedly, we were going to stay there for 1 night and 2 days only. But it was extended until Saturday as my parents find it relaxing to stay at a camp with the mountain's reflection on the clear lake view along with the chirping noisy birds. How wonderful right? Honestly, I'm not a fan of long drives or camps. I mean, I find the view of nature peaceful and relaxing. However, there are some downsides to it. Since the campsite was a public tourist attraction, it was kinda a bit crowded, just a little bit. 

It was a long weekend holiday so people usually tend to go to places to see some sights or stay there for a night or so. Therefore, a bunch of people stayed there and did some activities that disturbed the peace. As you may or not know, the lake was named "Clearwater" because it is clear and still. I was hoping to see that still clear water view but because of the public's activities revolving around the water. Such as Water skiing (there were heaps, sadly) and kayaking, etc. Disappointed I was, it wasn't an ideal camp for me.

We set up our tent near the lake to get a better view. But as a result of the un-still water, with high tides because of water activities, it was disturbing at night. I couldn't sleep peacefully because I felt like the water has met in contact with our tent as the waves were loud as you can imagine. Maybe I am exaggerating it a bit, but it is what it feels like back then.

Moreover, I caught a cold with the dust when we walked to the other side of the lakes as there were cars arriving on the campsite. Not to mentioned, it was parched. I couldn't breathe properly as I was covering my nose but that didn't prevent me from catching a cold with the bacteria on the dust I guess. 

Overall, I think it was a terrible camp. No offence. I think it would have been better if I stayed at home but then again, it is unhealthy to stay indoors for hours with your eyes glued to your devices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.