Pages

Friday 14 February 2020

Home Economics - Tuesday

Hi, today I'm blogging about this week's Home Economics (cooking) subject and what we did. First of all, we had 2 sessions, 1 on Tuesday and 1 on Friday.

On Tuesday, we didn't do any cooking related, we instead discuss the rules/expectations in this subject and familiarise the new food tech room.

We did a DLO about Personal Hygiene VS Personal Safety:

Familiarising the room: 

Equipment - where is it?

= 1st drawer, Scissors, Peeling, Stirring spoons
= 2nd drawer - Types of tease spoons, Tongs
= 3rd drawer - rolling pins
= 4th drawer - Glass bowls
=Under the sink - 1st drawer Washing dishes stuff || 2nd drawer - saucepans
=Under the microwave - large pans
=Under the Oven - Muffin Trays

My first impression of the room was... I thought of it was It was a bit small than the room we used to have for Food Tech but It was very simple though. Some things have moved somewhere because of the room's layout. The different colour cutting boards are now in the front stool-like in the hotel with the wheels on.

Here are some photos I took in the Food Technology Room:


Bye! I'm gonna update on what we cooked.



1 comment:

  1. Elisha Mae, you have provided a very good introduction to the Home Economics room.I like your comment on the apparent size of the room. Great notes on Hygiene too. Does the room seem quite so small now that you have worked in it?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.